Welcome to Foodie Friday, my friends! Congratulations on making it through the work week! I’m looking forward to a low-key weekend with Daniel. Hopefully some delicious food, reading, and plenty of relaxing time will be involved! This week was a bit of a doozy, so I’ll try not to leap out of the office at the end of the work day today…no promises though! Today’s Tuna Fritters are so quick and easy to make for an appetizer, weeknight entree, or even a salad topper. With just a few inexpensive pantry items, you’ll have a delicious dinner on the table in 15 minutes! Now, enough of my babbling let us get on to the delicious recipe!
Tuna Fritters (Serves 2)
- 2 cans tuna
- 1/2 cup GF panko breadcrumbs
- 1 small handful of shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup sweet corn
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 avocado
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Using hands form small fritters and place on plate. This step is messy, slightly gross, and absolutely necessary if you want well combined fritters!
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large frying pan. Cook Fritters on medium high heat for 4 minutes per side until there is a golden brown crust.
- I served mine on a bed of sprouts. I recommend dipping this in some salsa, guacamole, or perhaps my maple dijon dipping sauce!
I hope that you all have a wonderful weekend! I’d love to hear what your plans are…especially if they involve travel, food, or both! Until Monday, Happy frittering! Remember, you can see more delicious and healthy ideas by following me on Instagram and liking my Facebook page!
Favorite fast weeknight dinner? Favorite appetizer?
Tell me in the comments below!