Happy Foodie Friday to you! Today’s recipe is gluten free, can be dairy free, and is filling and delicious… not to mention it’s very wallet friendly.
To Roast peppers:
- Preheat the oven to 375
- Cut two bell peppers in half and remove seeds
- Put in baking pan cut side down
- Bake for 20 minutes or until skin has softened
Ingredients: (serves 4)
- Two cans of tuna
- Vegan or regular cheese of your choice
- 2 tablespoons of relish
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of Dill Weed
- 1/2 container of plain greek yogurt
- Lawry’s seasoned salt & pepper to taste
- (Optional) cut up banana peppers
- 2 tablespoons of stone ground mustard
- Mix all ingredients in a small mixing bowl
- Make sure to taste the tuna salad and adjust seasoning to preference
- Turn over roasted bell peppers and fill with tuna salad
- Top with desired cheese (I used vegan cheddar for me and shredded mozzarella for Daniel’s)
- Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes or until cheese has fully melted
I served mine with some quinoa and spinach which I mixed in with the stuffed pepper once cut.
What’s your favorite stuffed pepper recipe?
Tell me in the comments below!