Happy Foodie Friday! I’m very glad that we have reached the end of this work week. It was one of those weeks that seemed to drag on and on. The kind when you’re 100% sure that it’s Friday and really it’s Tuesday. Hope you are about to embark on some fun weekend plans! I am attending a cancer benefit on Saturday and hope to get some more baby organizing done over the weekend and hospital bag packing! Today’s Vegan Breakfast Burrito recipe is also gluten free. It makes for a delicious and savory meal at any time of the day!
Vegan Breakfast Burrito (Serves 4-6)
- 1 Block of firm tofu drained and pressed dry
- 1/2 Red Onion Diced
- 1/3 Cup corn (I used frozen)
- 2 Cups of spinach
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper, chopped
- 2 cups of cooked rice (I used Wild rice)
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric
- Gluten Free Tortillas (I used Rudi’s Spinach Tortillas)
- Optional: Guacamole & Salsa
- Preheat the oven to 375 Degrees.
- In a large skillet, cook onion in water or 1 teaspoon of olive oil and cook on medium heat 3-5 minutes.
- Break Tofu in to scrambled egg like pieces and drop in to skillet
- Add Jalapeno pepper, corn, and spices and cook for 5-8 minutes.
- Add in garlic and spinach and cook 3 more minutes.
- Place a layer of cooked rice on tortilla followed by tofu and veggie mixture. Roll and place in small baking dish.
- Bake about 5 minutes to heat through and top with optional guacamole and salsa.
- I enjoyed mine with some tortilla chips on the side!
I hope that you have a wonderful weekend, friends! Until Monday, happy tortilla rolling!
Favorite Mexican dish? Favorite savory breakfast?
Tell me in the comments below!