Happy Friday! Hope that you are all staying as warm and dry as possible 🙂 This weekend I plan to literally hibernate in my apartment in my pajamas. There will be reading, possible movie watching, hopefully some exercise, and lots of pajama time! Today I’m sharing a really yummy and easy vegan breakfast pizza. It’s gluten free and can be easily customized. Meat eater or not, I hope you give this a whirl…I promise it will be satisfying!
Vegan Breakfast Pizza (V+GF)
Ingredients (Serves 4):
- 1 Block of Extra firm tofu drained and pressed dry
- 1 8 oz package mushrooms (I used Baby Bella mushrooms) marinated in my tofu bacon marinade)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Lemon Pepper Seasoning (make sure it’s salt-free)
- 1 Teaspoon Turmeric
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Nutritional Yeast
- 1 Pre-made or homemade gluten free pizza crust
- 2 Tablespoons of organic ketchup or tomato paste
- Wash and chop mushrooms and prepare marinade. Marinate covered for at least 30 minutes. Bake mushrooms in a 450 degree oven for 15-20 minutes until resembles bacon texture. Lower oven heat to 375 after mushrooms cook. Set aside.
- Crumble tofu in to a medium frying pan until resembles consistency of scrambled eggs.
- Add Lemon Pepper, Turmeric, Garlic Powder, and Nutritional Yeast to tofu mixture and cook 3-5 minutes until heated through.
- Spread ketchup or tomato paste on to pizza crust and top with tofu scramble and mushroom bacon. I also added some white onion.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until crust has cooked through.
- I enjoyed mine with some cranberry balsamic kale! Leftovers keep well and reheat best in the oven!
I hope that you all have a wonderful weekend, friends! Until Monday, happy tofu scrambling!
Ever enjoyed breakfast pizza? Favorite breakfast?
Tell me in the comments below!