Happy Foodie Friday! I am looking forward to a weekend filled with the promise of 60 degree weather and sunshine! I hope to spend some time outside soaking in those rays because who knows when it will be back! Today’s Wild Rice Salad is one of those delicious throw it all in the bowl recipes that would be perfect as an entree, side, and is even more delicious prepped ahead! So, throw this recipe together and spend the rest of your time soaking up some sunshine!
Wild Rice Salad (GF+V)
- 1 medium cucumber cubed
- 1/2 package cherry tomatoes chopped
- 1/4 White onion diced
- 2 Cups cooked wild rice blend
- 1 Can rinsed and drained chickpeas
- Large handful of black olives chopped
- 1/2 Cup Balsamic Vinegar (I used a cranberry balsamic for extra flavor)
- Cook rice according to package instructions (mine took 15 minutes). Allow to sit 10-15 minutes or make the night before and keep in fridge overnight.
- Rinse and drain chickpeas and prep all ingredients.
- Add rice, vegetables, and chickpeas to a large bowl.
- If using regular balsamic vinegar, add a splash of cranberry juice to dressing and mix well. Otherwise, mix in dressing and toss through the salad.
- Enjoy as a side or as an entree! I enjoyed mine for dinner and it was hearty and delicious. This recipe serves 4 as an entree and 6 as a side.
I hope that if you are also looking forward to some warmer weather this weekend that you enjoy some rays! Until Monday, happy salad tossing!
Favorite kind of bean? Weekend plans? Rice or pasta salad?
Tell me in the comments below!