We’ve made it to Friday!! I don’t know about you, but I was dragging dragging dragging this week. Could be due to the fact that it has not been sunny or dry in Pennsylvania for more than a week. Unfortunately, more rain is in the forecast for the next few days…but at least I won’t have to go to work! 🙂 This weekend will be filled with some more niece and sister time and lunch with my mom on Sunday. Now enough of my weather complaints and rambling…on to today’s delicious recipe…Spicy Garlic Wine Zoodles .
This recipe is gluten free, lactose free, and filled with veggies. Zucchini noodles or “Zoodles” are a great pasta alternative for those who can’t have gluten or for those looking to cut down on carbs. I recently bought a hand-held spiralizer for less than 10 dollars at HomeGoods and it was really easy to use! This meal comes together in about 15 minutes and uses only 1 pan. I think it would make a fabulous Mother’s Day dish!
Spicy Garlic Wine Zoodles (Serves 3)
- 4 tablespoons of butter (I used vegan butter)
- 3 Zucchini spiralized
- 1 1/2 tomatoes diced
- 2 cups spinach and arugula mix
- 1 Lemon halved
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine
- Spiralize zucchini, add the juice of one lemon to zoodles and set aside in mixing bowl
- On medium heat, melt butter in large skillet, add diced onion and saute until translucent about 3 minutes
- Add spinach, arugula, and tomatoes, cook 2 minutes
- Add all seasonings and mix well cooking for an additional 3 minutes
- Reduce heat to low, add olive oil and wine allow to simmer 5 minutes. Feel free to sip on some of said wine while simmering 🙂
- Add zoodles and coat with sauce, cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until zoodles reach desired tenderness.
- Serve in a bowl and top with cracked pepper and optional nutritional yeast or veggie shreds. (or regular cheese of course)
Don’t forget to visit my Facebook page and give it a thumbs up–it would mean so much to me! I hope that you all have a wonderful weekend and happy mother’s day to all moms out there! Happy Spiralizing!
Do you ever make zoodles? What’s your favorite veggie to spiralize? Any plans for mother’s day?