Well hello there my friends! First of all, my trip was AMAZING..I can’t wait to tell you all about it and share some of my pictures. I’ll be working on organizing all of them this week and hopefully will have a little recap post up in the next week or so. I hope that everyone had a great week last week and a relaxing fun weekend. I enjoyed unplugging from everything and spending time with Daniel for the whole week. No electronics or TV or anything at all! It was kind of awesome and I did not miss my phone at all! Here’s a photo to hold you over:
During my vacation I was so relaxed and got so much great quality sleep! It’s always so awesome to be on your own schedule for sleeping, eating, and doing daily activities. Unfortunately, in the real world with a full time job, family, friends, and other commitments, our schedules are pretty jam packed! Here are five things I try to live by to get a better sleep each night.
- Try to unwind an hour before you plan on getting in bed: I try to stop texting, answering emails, staring at my phone and/or tv at least an hour before bed to unplug.
- Sip on some herbal tea: My favorite is honey vanilla chamomile by Celestial seasonings.
- Workout during the day: I always feel less restless and more ready for sleep when I’ve done a 30-60 minute workout during the day.
- Stop caffeine by 2-3pm: I am very effected by caffeine so i try to lay off of it by 2 or 3 so it doesn’t mess with my sleep.
- Stay fueled and hydrated during the day: I’ll never fall asleep if my stomach is screaming out of hunger or if I’m dehydrated. Drinking water and having healthy meals and snacks make a huge difference in my ability to get a great night’s sleep.
Today I wanted to share this great infographic created by Casper for some more great ideas.
Be sure to check out their website for more great ideas and sleep related products!
What do you like to do before bed to unwind?
Tell me in the comments below!