Hello, everyone! I hope that you had a great weekend! Saturday I got a lot done around the apartment, ran errands, did some cooking, and was able to relax quite a bit. Sunday, I celebrated Father’s Day by hosting a lunch at my apartment with my family. My niece provided the entertainment and my sisters and I provided the food and drink. It was a great time even though our apartment is very small. Sunday night we headed over to Daniel’s parents’ house for some sushi and dessert. I am writing this just before we head over there, so I’m sure it will be delightful!
Link Love: Current Faves
I wanted to share a few posts that I’ve come across in the past few weeks that I love. Enjoy!
- What Does Healthy even Mean? via The Real Life RD: I love her perspective on “healthy” and the points she makes are spot on. I love her take on balance and reminding us that healthy is not just diet…it’s our whole lifestyle! This means sleep, stress, alone time, etc too. NOT just what we’re putting in to our bodies!
- Fear: The Ultimate Paralyzer via The Domestikated Life: I could really relate to this post. I very often allow fear to make my decisions for me. I take the first opportunity because I am afraid another might not come along, not because I feel it is the best option for me.
- Why Out-Exercising Your Diet Isn’t The Answer via Bucket List Tummy: I so love this post. So often, I hear people working out like crazy, avoiding carbs, and going insane to “get in shape” without a single thought to what nutrients they need to fuel themselves. Love her approach with eating and balance. Read this!
- WIAW: What is “Time” Anyways? via My Little Tablespoon: This WIAW post explores time and rules we have made for ourselves for eating. A very interesting read. I know that I have random “rules” for eating times too!
- An Open Letter to the Fitness Community via Erin’s Inside Job: I believe that a lot of people who are new to exercise avoid it or leave it because of the way people are shaming newbies. Let’s encourage the people who want to start new!
- Clean Your Bathroom in Less Than 10 Minutes via Morgan Manages Mommyhood: The bathroom is my least favorite place to clean; lifesaver! You’re welcome in advance!
What does healthy mean to you? Ever felt shamed by more seasoned fitness people? Do you have food “rules” and times that you keep to?
Tell me in the comments below!