Hello and welcome to my monthly must-haves post where I share my favorites from the previous month in four categories: Food/Drink, Fashion/Beauty, Entertainment, & Home Goods.
Food & Drink:
- Raspberry ginger tea: I always love the idea of hot tea specifically meant to ease digestive issues, but HATE licorice. This raspberry tea contains no licorice and the subtle ginger taste is really nice.
- Wow GF cookies: I mentioned these in my favorite gluten free swaps post, but holy deliciousness! These cookies taste so good–they’re soft baked which is my favorite! I’m dying to try their lemon cookies next!
- Thai Coconut Soup: Another gluten free favorite is this Amy’s Thai Coconut soup. I actually cannot stop buying it. I love that it’s vegan and gluten free but you would never know. It’s super creamy and flavorful from the coconut milk with spicy Thai seasonings to balance out the sweet. I should make my own–but seriously this canned version is delicious!
I’m still working my way re-reading the Harry Potter books and am on book 4 right now. I didn’t do much reading this month though, so it’s still a work in progress.
- Chopped Collection on Netflix: I used to watch chopped all of the time a few years ago but eventually got a little tired of it. Just recently I decided to start watching the Netflix collection of Chopped and am now back on the Chopped obsessed bandwagon. Thanks, Netflix!
- Big Eyes: This movie is a little quirky, (it’s directed by Tim Burton) but really well made. It’s not as quirky as his others movies normally, so non-Tim Burton fans may like it too! I ended up really enjoying the movie overall and thought the cast was really good. I’d recommend it to any art lovers or Tim Burton fans out there!
- The Imitation Game: I wanted to see this movie when it was in theaters and never got the chance. I finally watched it this month and really really enjoyed it. Another great cast, great writing, and I love books and movies based on true events! Go out there and watch it if you haven’t already! If you’re also a fan of movies and books based on true events, tell me in the comments what your favorite books and/or movies are that are based on real life so I can add it to my list!
- Dry Shampoo: I’ve never done dry shampooing at all in my life so I thought I’d get some from Target to give it a whirl! First of all, I have really fine thin hair that gets oily after 1 single day. This shampoo smells like delicious tropical heaven/coconuts and helped me go for another day without shampooing. I still think my hair was a bit greasy after using it but perhaps I’m not using enough of it when I spray it?
- Produce Basket: I often buy potatoes, onions, avocado, tomatoes, etc that I don’t need/want to refrigerate and I needed something to put them in. I found this little bin at Home Goods for 3 dollars and it fits perfectly in this counter nook!
- Bowls: I got these cute aqua bowls, also from Home Goods, for 4 dollars per bowl. Unfortunately as I’m typing this post I only have one of these bowls left. I made some soup and put the soup in one of these bowls and when I picked up the bowl to take it to the table, it collapsed, boiling soup spilled on my toes (I was not wearing shoes), and it went all over my kitchen! Nothing on it says that it’s not safe for hot foods and I carefully inspected each bowl for cracks in the store, so I’m really confused!
Well, that about wraps up this month’s must-haves! As always, tell me in the comments below what your April favorites were!
Do you like movies based on real life? Can some bowls crack from soup being too hot? How much dry shampoo do you spray in your hair?
Tell me in the comments below!