Welcome to my monthly must-haves post where I post my favorite items from 4 different categories: Food/Drink, Fashion/Beauty, Entertainment, & Home Goods. Here are my January favorites.
- Whenever bars in Oat Blueberry Lemon: They are dairy free & Gluten free and they taste like a delicious muffin. I have been having one with some herbal tea around 10 or 11 when I start to get hungry at work. It holds me over until lunch and is comforting in the cold.
- Boom Chicka Pop: I discovered this popcorn randomly while grocery shopping. This brand is all about all natural ingredients and has a simple list of ingredients with no junk added. I have tried the sweet and salty and the lightly salted kinds. The sweet and salty kind is 70 calories per cup and the lightly salted is 35 calories per cup! I like to eat it while I watch Biggest Loser on Monday nights!
- Heavy winter hat: Daniel bought me this hat for Christmas because I only had a lightweight winter hat before. This one is perfect for the freezing arctic cold and goes over my ears. On the really frigid days I put the hat on, then a hood over top, and a scarf over my mouth. (Can the winter please be over now?!)
- Peppermint Chapstick: I got in this in my stocking from Daniel and it is so refreshing! My lips get super dry and cracked in the winter so this has been a lifesaver.
- Harry Potter 1 & 2: As I mentioned in my 2016 Reading List Post I am currently making my way through the Harry Potter books again. This month I read book 1 and book 2. It was really fun re-reading them and discovering things I hadn’t noticed before. I think I enjoyed them the 2nd time through even more. I am hoping to read book three in February.
- “The Revenant”: I saw this with Daniel and boy was it intense! The movie itself is beautiful; really great cinematography and I loved the look of the movie in general. Leonardo DiCaprio was very talented in it. Although this movie was extremely violent at times, I really enjoyed it.
- “Wild”: This was on on HBO Go, so we watched it during the blizzard. We both had wanted to see it when it was in theaters but never got a chance to do so. I really enjoyed it and I always like watching movies that are based on a true story. They had pictures of the real woman at the end credits. It was emotional and very well written; it made me want to go on a hiking trip with Daniel…only I would choose to hike in the Costa Rican jungle and NOT the dessert.
- Cozy Nights: Another Christmas present for the win! Daniel got me this Cozy Nights candle that I have been burning nearly every night. First of all I love Soy candles in general and I had never heard of this scent. It’s calming and relaxing and I love the grey more neutral color of it.
What were your January favorites?
Tell me in the comments below!