Hello & welcome to my first Monthly Must-Haves post! In the beginning of each month, I will talk about my favorite products from the month before. Each month there will be four basic categories of favorites: Food/Drink, Fashion/Beauty, Entertainment, & Home Goods. So, let’s get right in to it.
Food & Drink
- Harvest Snaps Snapea Crisps: These little guys are delicious and addictive. They come in a few different flavors my favorite being Black Pepper. I like to have a few when I’m craving something salty. It’s baked instead of fried, low in sodium, and contains a good amount of fiber. They’re delicious with some soup or tossed in a salad for some crunch.
- Apple Cider & Caramel Vodka: I had some friends over a few weeks ago and wanted to make a fall beverage for everyone. I love caramel apples so I thought adding caramel vodka to the apple cider would be delish. Turns out I was correct! If you’re really feeling fancy you could line the rim with sugar, caramel sauce, or even chocolate. I used two shots of vodka and then filled the rest of the cup with apple cider.
- “Wool” by: Hugh Howey: This month I read this book and thoroughly enjoyed it! It’s set in a post-apocolyptic setting (no, zombies) where the outside air is not safe, and the people live in silos. The writing was very good and kept me interested in general. However, the last section of the book bounced perspectives many many times. I found myself a little annoyed at the constant shifting of characters and thought maybe there were too many main characters to keep track of. This book is the first in a trilogy and I haven’t decided if I liked it enough to continue reading. We will see!
- Adele’s “25”: I got Adele’s new CD the weekend it came out & I can’t get enough of it. My favorite artists are those who write their own music, sound the same on CD & when singing live, and those who have meaningful & artistic lyrics. As someone who enjoys writing lyrics, I always love to look at how songs were written, why they were written, hidden meanings in lyrics, etc. Adele’s CD and Adele herself are all of these things I mentioned. Anyone looking for a good CD should go out and buy it! I bought the CD from Target because it has three bonus tracks not available on the other versions.
- Fall scented Candles: My local grocery store has some new store brand candles in these cute glass jars this year & they are awesome. They are smaller jars for only 1 dollar and they last for 3-6 hours of “light time”! I got two pumpkin candles and one apple spice candle for Fall. I’m looking forward to their Christmas scents now that we’re in December too!
- Target’s Flannel Sheets: When the nights were getting chillier, I decided to purchase some flannel sheets from Target. I got grey queen sized sheets which came with a fitted sheet, regular sheet, and two pillow cases for only 26 bucks! I thought that was a great price for queen size! I highly recommend these if you’re like me and have constantly cold feet because they’re very warm and soft. Amazing!!
- Jergins Ultra Healing lotion: As soon as the temperature drops my skin cries out to the heavens. I have ultra sensitive skin that gets extremely dry in the colder months. I decided to try out this lotion and I have been really happy with it. It’s been keeping my skin under control & doesn’t have an overly powerful scent. I’d recommend it to any fellow sensitive skin person out there! I’ve been using it twice a day for everywhere except my face. We’ll see how it holds up as the weather gets colder.
What were your November favorites this year?
Tell me in the comments below!