Today I’m sharing the survey that I like to share at the end of the year. I’d love to hear your answers in the comments below! I’ll leave 2015 and 2016’s answers at the end of the survey if you’d like to check them out.
Saying Goodbye to 2017
- Best Part of 2017: Aubrey!!! I went through lots of new mom struggles but man on man am I thankful for this little girl. She brings me so much joy and makes me so very happy every single day. I’m lucky to call her mine.
- Worst Part of 2017: This year was really great for me overall. I think recovery has been one of the most challenging aspects of 2017. I’ve also felt a little bit frustrated in regards to having to return back to work after having Aubrey, but overall I had a great year.
- Biggest Surprise: I think just learning how to be a parent and realizing how different it is from how I thought it would be. I thought having a background in childcare would make me feel more prepared for having a baby, but it is completely different when you have your own. I’ve also found such joy watching Daniel be a father to Aubrey. I didn’t realize I could love him any more than I already did, but seeing him as a dad made my heart grow.
- New Year’s Resolutions for 2018?: I hope to continue in my quest to be present in the moment without wishing it away. I want to look back at the past with joy, look forward to the future with joy, but also to remember that the “right now” is to be enjoyed and savored.
- Most looking forward to in 2018?: Creating more memories with Aubrey and Daniel. I hope to go on some kind of little family trip, take Aubrey to swim lessons early on, do crafts with her, and have all sorts of fun with her. I also hope to remember to take a little time every day for myself and to take time with Daniel as a couple separate from Aubrey.
Thank you to all of you who were patient with me as I navigated my first few months as a new mom. I am grateful for everyone who comes by and reads my words. This little space has been very special to me, even when I took a bit of a mom break. I can’t wait to continue to grow with you all. I hope that you continue to stop over and read what I have to say. Happy new year to you. I wish you all a wonderful New Year. <3
Best part of 2017? What are you most looking forward to?
Tell me in the comments below!