Happy Monday, friends! Today I wanted to pop in and share some thoughts on being busy. Our culture loves to glorify being busy. If you don’t have a packed schedule, stressful work life, and a million things to get done in one day, you’re assumed to be doing something wrong. Being constantly on the go and filled with stress with no time to wind down and relax/recharge is so bad for our mind and our bodies. Today I’m sharing a few ways that I personally wind down and recharge my body and my mind. For me, doing nothing and recharging is a priority!
- Yoga: Yoga is my favorite way to clear my mind and relax my body. I love a nice gentle stretching yoga flow for this. It’s a great way to shake out the stress of the day and stretch out before ending your day.
- Walk: Going for a walk outside is a great way to relax the mind and body. I try to walk during my lunch hour at work. It’s a great way to relieve the stress of sitting all day and get your body moving. It helps me feel more productive and ready to return to work.
- Relaxing Scents: There are a variety of ways you could approach this one. You could enjoy some relaxing essential oils to unwind or light some candles of your choice. Find the scent that relaxes you and enjoy it with a relaxing book (or a glass of wine!).
- Journal: Write out what you’re grateful for, describe your day, or even write down goals for the next day. Anything that still has your mind racing should be written down. Let the act of writing it down be your way to clear the mind for sleep.
- Music/Meditation: Listen to some relaxing music or a guided meditation. This doesn’t have to be traditional meditation in any shape or form. Find what works for you! I personally enjoy listening to ASMR relaxation videos on YouTube to relax.
- Avoid Screens: I’m definitely still working on this one but it’s really important! When you’re trying to unwind for bed, avoid screen time so your brain has time to relax and prepare for sleep. I’ve been trying to end the day reading rather than staring at my phone and then going right to sleep!
I hope those few suggestions help you unwind! I hope that you all set aside some time for yourself, even during busy seasons of life to relax. Your mind and body will thank you and you will feel ready to tackle those busy moments of life! Let’s make rest and relaxation a priority in life and not a luxury!
How do you relax your mind? Your body? Do you glorify being busy?
Tell me in the comments below!