Happy Thursday, friends! If I’m being completely honest with you all, this week is totally dragging for me! We are almost to the weekend though I can almost see the light!
Today I’m stopping in to share 5 simple ways to show love to your spouse. In the busyness of life, our relationships can easily slide on the back burner. However, our relationships really are what’s most important! Here are 5 easy and simple ways to love your spouse everyday!
5 Ways to Love Your Spouse
- Write them a Note of Encouragement: It can be easy to get stressed about everything. Take it from a worrier and a planner–I know it’s hard to focus on the positive. When your spouse is feeling the pressures of life, be their encourager. Leave an encouraging message for them to find to lift their spirits.
- Compliment Them: Complimenting is easy when you’re first together. Once you’re both in a comfortable routine, sometimes small things like compliments get forgotten. Always make an effort to compliment your spouse on a daily basis.
- Have a No-Distractions Meal together: Take your phones, turn them off, and enjoy each other’s company. It’s easy to get bogged down by work, other people. other commitments, and rush through things. Make a nice dinner, light some candles, and enjoy some face to face conversation together!
- Hold Hands: Many studies that have been done on the importance of physical touch. If you’ve been with your spouse for years and years, it can be easy to forget this importance. Busy schedules take over and the mind spins 100 miles per hour. Quiet the mind and enjoy holding their hand in that moment.
- Do Something For Them Every Day: Daily small “gifts” and/or daily acts of love seem to be more valuable and important to couples than one big splurge. If your spouse hates dishes, volunteer to do them so they can rest. Making an effort to help your spouse will speak volumes!
I’d also highly recommend “The Five Love Languages” by Gary Chapman. It’s a great book for any married or dating couples. I hope these little tips help you or remind you that the little things are really the big things!
Thanks to Amanda for letting me Think Out Loud!
Favorite way to show love? Whats your “love language”?
Tell me in the comments below!
You May Also Enjoy: