- I still think of them: Do you ever just think back and smile at hilarious moments you shared with friends? I don’t know how I would have gotten through the awkward years of middle school and the long never-ending days of high school without those friends!
- Old Memories often make me nostalgic: The truth is once you’re out of school, its never quite the same. Everyone is working, has families, and commitments, and is short on time. The simplicity of fun weekend sleepovers or after school hangouts are over and often times commitments and to-do lists take over!
- I wonder what they’re up to: For the friends who I no longer keep in touch with, I often still wonder what they’re up to. I wonder if they’ve reached the goals they used to dream of, met the person they’ve been looking for, or are happy in their lives. And no, I don’t mean social media stalking…you don’t get the true picture!
- Reconnecting is Surprising: Have you ever met up with someone you haven’t seen in years and found yourself surprised? You may see a glimmer of the person you used to know but mostly, they’re different. Nothing can change a person quite like time.
- I still wish them the best: No matter how different I am from them, no matter how much we don’t have in common anymore, I still wish them the best. After all, these long-lost friends made me laugh so hard my stomach hurt, sat with me when I cried, listened to my hopes and dreams, and got me through some tougher days. I will forever be grateful for them.
Big thank you to Amanda for letting me think out loud today!
Do you have friends you’ve lost touch with? Thoughts?
Tell me in the Comments below!
You May Also Enjoy:
Like & Share!