My apartment is now all decked out for Christmas! I love how cozy the apartment feels with all of the decorations up. One week of December is over and already I’ve baked Christmas cookies, attended two Christmas parties, and attended a festive band concert.
One of my favorite things to do during the holiday season is to watch Christmas movies. Today I thought I would share my top 5 Christmas movies with you all & I hope you will tell me your favorites in the comments section because I’m always on the look out for new Christmas movies!
- Elf: This movie has become a Christmas must for me. It’s funny and light-hearted and sometimes after a stressful day at work, I love sitting back and watching this with some hot chocolate or maybe some spaghetti and maple syrup?! 🙂
- Home Alone: I grew up watching this every year around Christmas with my family and still love it. It’s a bit sad to me that this movie couldn’t really happen today with cell phones, but I will always love it! I want that sweater that they sell at Target that says “Merry Christmas Ya Filthy Animal”! Also, I will ALWAYS feel sad when the jerk uncle yells “LOOK WHAT YOU DID YOU LITTLE JERK!” when he spills the milk all over the pizza party. Ya know what uncle whatever-your-name-is,he’s 11 and you are the real jerk!
- Family Stone: This is a lesser known movie and is not quite as light-heart-ed as so many of the other movies. I love Rachel McAdams (I have an absolute girl crush on her…we can discuss this another time) so I decided to watch it when it came out in 2005. It has some hilarious moments and also some very sad and real moments too. It definitely makes you remember how important family is during the holidays. Bring your tissues if you want to watch it, but sometimes I like a good cry during a movie!
- Mickey’s Christmas Carol & Beauty and the Beast’s Enchanted Christmas: Sorry, but between these two classic Disney Christmas movies, I CANNOT choose. Mickey’s Christmas carol played on repeat during the Christmas season at my house and I still love to watch it every year. I still weep when Scrooge gives Tiny Tim the toys! Beauty and the Beast’s Enchanted Christmas is AWESOME! It’s kind of hard to come by these days and I’m currently in the market for a blu ray or dvd copy of it as I only had it on VHS! It’s everything you love about a Christmas movie and everything you love about a Disney movie all in one. You will weep during the songs, I promise!
- Polar Express: This movie is my favorite Christmas movie. Period. Give me a cute Christmas cartoon filled with great music AND a theme song sung by one of my favorite artists (Josh Groban) and I will love it forever! I enjoyed the book so when it became a movie I was really excited to see it. I was NOT disappointed! Do yourself a favor and pop this movie in this holiday season!
*** Check out the theme song sung by Josh Groban here: Josh Groban Believe
I hope you’ll try and catch some of these movies if you haven’t already. I’d love to hear what you think of these movies and also what your favorites are!
What are your favorite Christmas movies?
Tell me in the comments below!