Happy Friday!!! This week was dragging so I’m pretty ready to ring in the weekend! I’ll be spending time with my sisters on Saturday and seeing a friend at a Tupperware party on Sunday. Wild stuff, am I right?! This will be my first Tupperware party though…anyone ever been? I’m legitimately hoping I can find a great salad container that’s round. WILD WOMAN OVER HERE!!! Anywho…on to the recipe! Today’s Veggie Stuffed Tomatoes are vegan, gluten free, and perfect for a light summery dinner. Would make a great side dish or entree and can be adjusted to fit your taste!
Veggie Stuffed Tomatoes (Serves 2-3)
- 3 vine ripe tomatoes cored
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 large handful of spinach
- 1/2 bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup roughly chopped shiitake mushrooms
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Saute all vegetables except for the spinach on medium heat 5-7 minutes until soft
- Add spinach and garlic, cook for 2 minutes
- Add cooked rice and nutritional yeast and cook 1-2 minutes until heated through
- Spoon mixture in to cored tomatoes and place on lined baking sheet, sprinkle with pepper and nutritional yeast. Set aside the rest of the rice/veggie mixture.
- Bake 25 minutes until tomatoes are cooked through
I served mine on a bed of romaine lettuce and the rest of the rice/veggie mixture. I ended up cutting up the tomato and eating it inside the lettuce leaves with some salsa. Delicious!
I hope that you all have a wonderful weekend! I will be back on Monday with more posts! Until then, happy stuffing!
Ever been to a Tupperware party? Do you like stuffed tomatoes? Favorite summer recipe?
Tell me in the comments below!
You May Also Like: