Happy Tuesday! Hope your week is going pretty well so far and since I’m writing this in advance, I also hope mine is too! Today I’m sharing 5 things I wish I had known about the 1st trimester and the 2nd trimester. We are so bombarded with information before we are pregnant that we come to have certain expectations and sometimes they just aren’t true! Hope this helps anyone curious or perhaps someone going through this now!
What I Wish I Knew About the 1st Trimester:
- Often times, nothing helps with nausea and it’s not just in the morning: Also, everyone will ask if you’ve tried ginger or sipping tea….
- If I’m not eating bread products, I want to be asleep: If I’m not trying to jam carbohydrates down my throat, I want to be sleeping.
- Working Out is not always the healthiest option: I decided against working out when I felt nauseous. I was having trouble keeping weight on and who wants to jostle around while nauseous?!
- Having Trouble sleeping is not only when you’re huge: Some women (me included) have trouble sleeping the whole time!
- I felt worried all of the time if everything is okay: Before you can feel the baby moving, it’s hard to keep calm that everything is okay. I often second guessed every position I was in and everything I was doing.
What I Wish I Knew About the 2nd Trimester:
- That magical extra energy is bologna: Not feeling the extra energy!
- There is not always a glow: My skin has been way worse during pregnancy than before!
- The movement and kicks aren’t comfortable: They can really hurt! But, I actually love them so much that I don’t care 😀
- You will feel like mama bear in the wild: I feel so protective when I so much am crossing a busy street. Don’t mess with my bear cub! 😉
- Advice will be given out non-stop: Whether or not you ask for it, everyone will tell you what to eat, drink, wear, buy, and do.
What do you wish someone had told you? What’s the best part of the 3rd trimester? Worst part?
Tell me in the comments below!